The day started with Toodler waking at 5:00 this morning. No apparent reason; all was quiet in the house. The day continued with him finding a pen somewhere and figuring out how to actually use it. The canvas for the young artist: the topside of our rocking chair, one of the nicer pieces of furniture that we own. Doh! And NO morning nap. I don't know why, but after a huge nap attempt and much protesting, I gave up. And the taxes need to be amended. Oi. We'll get there before April, but I gave up when "someone" kept trying to chew on the laptop cord.
About the time he became Tasmanian Toodler, I decided we would go for a walk in the snow. After all: him getting wet outside sure beat the disasters that were occurring around the house. Honestly: if the zoo had offered to pay me to put him in the Tasmanian Devil display for the day, I might have considered paying THEM to put him in a cage and keep him safe for that day. Oh well.
Since he has not ever had his hands on snow before, here are some photos of his outdoor adventures. He got to wear his new-to-him Wellies! He's been putting one on every day for the last few days and parading around the apartment with it.
(Winter coat courtesy of Grammy!)
While we didn't see any "yellow snow" with dog prints around, he DID manage to scoop up a skiff of mud while sampling the white wares. Oh well. I don't know of a single toddler that hasn't ingested a little dirt at some point.
Recently we made a pot pie. We had some spare puff pastries in the freezer, so rather than make my own, I popped one of those on top of the pan. It actually worked really well! Makes me hungry looking at it. Great winter comfort food!
On that note, dear blog readers, happy Thursday! May you have a calm and collected day today.



No comments:
Post a Comment