Saturday, March 3, 2012

Such a Boy

Hello, dear blog readers! Last night Hubbs and I were discussing the difference between boys and girls, males and females. Already this baby is FAR more mellow than her brother, which is why her pregnancy has continued beyond when he was born.

While I've never had a girl before, in comparing stories with friends/coworkers with girls, the differences are noticeable. My Guy likes to get into every cabinet in the kitchen while I'm working on dinner and empty them out as completely as possible. Scattering tripping hazards far and wide is his idea of "helping." It's a contest of the proverbial "leave no stone standing on another." All toys, pots, pans, napkins, lunch bags, etc. MUST be one the floor at all times. It's funny to go stand in a corner, poop, and then run away from mom while she tries to catch him to clean up the Stink. It's also funny to eat something, chew it a few times, smear it on mom's leg as a peace offering, and then run away grinning. There is now ink on my furniture. (The rubbing alcohol and hairspray DID help--thanks for the tips, folks!) If I'm not looking, he'll find a few crumbs on the floor, lay on his belly, then proceed to lick the floor. Mind you, he's a picky eater with food, but has NO problem whatsoever sampling dirt at the park or dirt off of the floor. At least his immunity is building, right? And he hasn't died yet from licking the floor (although I have to admit there's a part of me that cringes when I catch him doing it).

Anyway, dear blog readers, apparently it's time for the Poop Chase to begin again, so I'm cutting this short. Happy Saturday to you all!

No comments: