Monday, March 12, 2012

Getting It Done

Hello, dear blog readers! Some days you get a lot done. Some days ya don't. This is more like...well, one of THOSE days. The upside is that Hubbs sorted out a great deal of books to either sell/give away/get rid of those puppies. The downside: trying to keep Toodler from getting his little whirley mitties all over those books and to keep them from getting scattered all over the floor.

The upside: we managed to get a number of boxes out of storage tonight! (Plus I managed to start a load of laundry AND dishes! Who knew that these two tasks could be done back-to-back?) Murphy's Law of moving is that when you have to get any paper or cardboard boxes out into the open, it WILL pour rain. I have several boxes in the living room right now (along with packing paper) that I'm attempting to dry. We'll see how those come out. If successful, those dish savers are more than $10 a piece, which would significantly save us some funds. (I have to confess that I am a dish junky.)

Any tips or suggestions on where to start packing? I'm thinking that rather than packing boxes and putting them back into storage, I'll move the couch to the middle of the living room and put full boxes behind the furniture. I think at this point in the game, we're close enough to D-day with 1) Baby A. arriving and 2) actually moving that unless we have a packing party, we won't be having dinner guests between now and then.

Anyway, dear blog readers, progress has been made. I can go to bed satisfied. Happy Monday, dear readers!

2 comments:

SunnySusan said...

Happy packing...ugh I really hate moving...I really hope we can stay put for years here. Anyway, that is exactly what we did. We put piles of boxes behind our couch and TV stand. Good luck

Anonymous said...

my suggestion with our many moves..... get a magic marker and mark in general what is going into each box on the top, and what room type the stuff is (bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, ect) This helps to find the missing items that you may need in a hurry. *** Plus, I put items that can certainly wait to be opened into boxes, and used bright pink duct tape found at home depot, and stretched a huge strip across the top of it, (plus packing tape on that- because duct tape doesnt stick to boxes). Those pick taped boxes, I had the moving company just place in the garage, because it was just items i did not need right away, or even in the next month. That way, I knew the stuff in the house definitely was the stuff to unpack right away. Saves time and hassles. hope this helps!
Heather Smith RN San Diego