Monday, October 8, 2007

Another day

I don't know how time keeps getting away from me, but it seems to do just that. For some reason I feel as if I only blogged a couple of days ago, and yet it's been almost a week. 

Work has been fine lately. I guess I could tell more lame MD stories, but overall things at work have been good and the nurses have intervened a couple of times for the betterment of all, so I can't complain. There are several pregnant seminary wives due within the next 2-3 weeks, so I might have my hands full. (It seems the husbands have been talking to Mike, or the wives have been asking me in church when I'm working these next few weeks. I've had to tell most of them that I may or may not be able to be their nurse, depending if I'm working or not.)

My meeting with risk management went fairly well last week. The meeting was short, much to my relief. I guess that the parents of the infant have a total of 6 months from the date of birth to sue the hospital for damages. They can sue the doctor for 18 (or is it 21?) years, but it's  different if they sue the hospital. The RM lady reassured me that the reason that they probably haven't sued by now is because they were happy with their nursing care.

I had the weekend off, which was really nice. Mike has his Hebrew midterm this week, so I probably won't see much of him until next weekend. We just hung out and relaxed; it was really nice to be couch potatoes for a change. I woke up early this morning to pick up the groceries, and now I have about half an hour to kill before a doctor's appointment, and then it's off to work again tonight. Jiggity jig.

To all my avid fans and readers, I hope you are all having a great day. 

No comments: