Hello, dear blog readers! Well, the fires persist, but at least several people were allowed back into Escondido, Poway and Rancho Bernardo to evaluate their homes. Most of the people in our church live in these areas or in Ramona as well (the first town really ravaged by the Witch Creek Fire). While the fire may have been a couple of miles away, the extent of our damage thus far is the air quality/ashes that linger on the property....At least, that's what was reported to my be someone I talked to in Escondido this morning. Mike and I were comparing the difference of the attitudes of the people in Qualcom stadium vs. the stadium in Hurricane Katrina, and the differences are very notable. While I'm sure some looting and pillaging is inevitable, there have been no rapes or muggings reported in the stadium itself, and so far none have been reported in the news.
Yesterday Ghee and I ate at an Italian restaurant here in downtown Napa. The place was right up there with Sergio's quality, except for they had never heard of anyone requesting Lemocello for an after-dinner beverage. We offset the cost by having Taco Bell for dinner, but the lunch was definitely worth every cent (and, we actually saved a few bucks by dining during the lunch hour instead of dinner time).
Napa Valley is actually a little smaller in terms of the broadness of the valley than I had thought it was, albeit it was a lot longer in terms of mileage. It's truly a beautiful area. There are hundreds of wineries; we didn't even know where to begin, so we didn't actually do any wine tastings yesterday. I think today we're going to try the Monticello winery because...well, because Ghee likes Italian-style wines. I'm hoping to visit a winery that has tours at some point, but Ghee has some homework to do today, and we got a little bit of a late start for lunchtime because we've been watching the fire news.
Well, the time has come to determine where to eat lunch today. More to follow later when I figure out how to download photos on Ghee's computer. Consequently, my laptop is no longer able to get online, so I probably won't be able to blog as often until we can get it fixed.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment