Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Fun

Hello, dear readers! My laptop internet/server has been down for the last few days, so I thought I'd post today using Mike's desktop PC. We are up early this a.m. due to Mike going to Presbytery today. He gets to come under care! Yay! Alas, I have a doctor's appointment and some errands to run, but I must say I am VERY proud of my sweet hubby.

So, since I have the day off today and had a good night's sleep (I woke up feeling very refreshed at about 4:00 a.m....Gotta love that jetlagged feeling....), I think today I'll do my basic cleaning, go to my doctor's appointment, and then maybe head down to San Diego to look at the Container Store or maybe IKEA for some storage solutions in my closets, particularly my pantry area. I'd like to get some bins that I can use for recycling (i.e. paper vs. plastics vs. other stuff) due to the pile-up that tends to occur beside my regular trash can. That and I just really need to organize my cubboards. IKEA has these misc containers that are stackable and can be used for all sorts of dry goods. I'm thinking about making some homemade pasta tonight and shampooing my carpet if I'm feeling really ambitious since I don't know what time Mike will be coming home.

We got in touch again with our new(er) friends Adam and Nicole who we met at a wedding in August in Chicago. Adam will be deployed in about 3 weeks, so although we won't probably be able to see them as a couple more than once before he leaves, I get the feeling Nicole and I will be seeing more of each other after he leaves. It must be really, really lonely to be separated from one's fiance for 8-9 months. I don't know how people do it! She and I get to have a breakfast outing in the a.m. Yay!

I've been receiving requests from various family members for birthday gift ideas. Rather than posting them in a blog, I think I'll try to put together an e-mail. If anyone wants the list, let me know. (Honestly though, I'm usually happy with a simple phone call or greeting card. Gifts are not entirely necessary if people don't want to go that route.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did come under care. All is well.