Hello from Napa, dear blog readers! Well, I finished my last night of work at the hospital yesterday morning. We were supposed to wear these lovely respirator masks due to all of the smoke haze that we encountered during our shifts, which meant that yesterday we all had cold-like symptoms and sore throats. Mike and I chose to voluntarily evacuate our area when I got home from work (technically, we're in an evacuation zone anyway; they just haven't made it mandatory yet) and drive up to Napa where the air is a lot easier to breathe.
We found a room at the Best Western here in town. It's actually a really cool old inn with a very similar feel to a bed and breakfast; it's built a lot like the Wheaton Inn (for those of you who have seen what that looks like, anyway).
Photos to follow. The continental breakfast is starting to smell pretty darn good, so we'll be in touch later. For anyone interested in checking out the link to last night's stay (complete with photos and virtual tours)....Hmmm. Bummer. I'm not used to the functions on this Mac. I can't seem to copy and past the link into this blog. Well, anyway, it's the Best Western at the Elm Inn (or something like that) if anyone wants to look up hotel locations on the Best Western Hotel website.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment