Friday, October 12, 2007

Good news!!

Hello, dear faithful blog readers! I have great news for you family bloggers! I asked for management approval last night to be able to take off the week after Christmas (December 29th through early Jan.) and she agreed that I could take those days off. I will probably still have to work either Christmas Even or Christmas day, but what I'm really hoping for is to work Christmas Eve and fly out Christmas Day so that we can be in Chicago for the remainder of the holiday week through New Year's. The sign-up for our November schedule starts tonight, so hopefully our boss will have completed the holiday schedule by then and I'll have a better idea of what my Christmas week will look like.

YAAAAY! I can't wait to see everybody! We really miss Chicago.

Work was great last night. I had three outpatients (well, technically four visits, but the first patient came back early this morning) and I did nursery, too, so I had a very steady night. I always feel really bad for the patients that have been laboring away and they come back several hours later in a lot of pain only to find out that they're STILL 1-2 centimeters in dilation, and that we have to send them home for a while. We had a father of a baby last night who came back with his laboring wife; he was so uptight and nervous about her reaction that he had the dry heaves. Poor guy.

Hmmm...Can't think of anything new, dear readers. Will blog more later.

1 comment:

Gospel.or.Death said...

Dang! I hope I don't dry heave when my wife is laboring! Dang, how embarrassing!