Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fun Filled Facts

Well, dear blog readers, I'm sitting on the couch torn between pessimism and optimism. There's a TV ad that Mike and I always mute because it drives us nuts. I think it's a mortgage ad; I can't remember anymore because we mute it. It starts out saying, "People are smart." I have to say after working in public health care: Stupid people are everywhere. Including physicians. One of our docs (really, he's the only one I would absolutely refuse to have deliver my baby) caused a patient to hemorrhage after a c-section because he was too fast and too sloppy. She's young, she's a first-time mom, AND she ended up after having a hysterectomy. She spent 24 hours receiving somewhere between 23 and 29 units of blood and/or blood products and currently resides in ICU. The baby came out with problems also (despite being a term baby) and ended up in the NICU. Work lately seems to be filled with complicated patients and cases, so I'm feeling a little burned out. OK, if the truth were told, I'm a little more burned out than I'd like to be right now. I love my job, but sometimes it gets the best of me.

The good news is that the Lord foresaw this and I have the next three nights off. And it's raining this morning. And Mike and I get to see a movie tonight, which we haven't done in a while.

On the bright side, here's my fun-filled fact! The guy who sold us our Scion was at the hospital last night; his wife delivered. That was kinda fun.

I hope all is going well, dear readers. May  your day be filled with fun with family or smart coworkers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sad that a young mother will now be unable to bear more children. I hope she is okay. At least she had YOU for a nurse, and I am sure you were a comfort to her. On the bright side, you have a birthday coming up. How about posting some ideas for us readers??