Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Late Nights

I had the fortune of being put on standby last night, which allowed me a luxurious nap on the couch after getting ready for work, all while Ghee did his homework. I'm so proud of how hard he's working this year. After he was done with his homework, we spent time looking at different pages I tore out of my pottery barn mail catalogs and dreaming of someday having a house with matching furniture. :o) I figure that we'll have to probably give up the couch when we move away from here in a few years.

So I had my doctor's annual appointment yesterday. I happen to work with this particular doctor, which makes the visits a little easier, but still: physical exams are no fun, let's face it. So anyway, she walked in the room, said hello, and reviewed my chart. She then had a very hard time keeping a straight face when saying, "So, I see you are here today for a pregnancy test?" (That wasn't all the only reason for the visit listed on my chart, but I won't go into other details.) She then said, "I thought you were here for an annual visit." I responded, "So did I!" It turns out that my chart had gotten mixed up with someone else's visit, but fortunately, she knew who I was and that the name was wrong. So, we had a good laugh. Nothing like medical humor.

It's now 6:30, the dishes and laundry are done, Ghee's coffee is made, and I finished enjoying leftover salmon. I've never seen "The King and I," but it's on TCM right now, so watch I shall. Maybe I'll even get some more reading done. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a good day today. Getting an extra day off is just a wonderful gift, isn't it? It has been a busy week for us here with more stuff being done for the house. And I keep thinkg of MORE things to do, but what remains to be done can be accomplished with easier things like a paint brush! I wish you were here to help me paint, Pam!