Saturday, January 9, 2010

Clutter...How does it happen so fast???

Well, dear blog readers, I really should take pictures sometime of all of our clutter for those of you readers who are organizing queens. I think, given the knowledge that we'll most likely be moving away in the next year, I'm more or less giving up on keeping the place looking well-organized. Currently, there is an ironing board next with a couple of quilting projects next to the Christmas tree. I can't really take the tree down without putting away the quilting stuff, but I my goal is to just get the projects done sooner rather than later so that I don't overload my fabric/project box. (That's right; I've been able to limit myself to ONE box for these things.) The mail is piled on the table until I have another day off. The laundry is mostly done. There are books stacked on the floor next to the shelves due to Mike's school accumulation, and there is no more room on the shelves until I actually go through and get rid of some things.

It's not hard to keep on top of these things, but on days when I come home from work, I'm exhausted. Usually I just eat and go right to bed. I think that after 2-3 days' accumulation of dishes, laundry, etc., I'm overwhelmed. I had all sorts of high hopes yesterday of getting a bunch of stuff done (I worked the two days before that and I'm working these next two days), but it didn't happen. I didn't sleep well at night due to blood sugar problems, so I slept until 11:00 in the morning. Mike came home from class and wanted a date day. I didn't think we had time for Sea World, so we went shopping for a new watch and hat for him. We also saw "The Imaginarium of Dr. Panassus" starring Heath Ledger (final works), Johnny Depp, and Jude Law. Interesting, but a little odd in the fantastical sense. For those of you who liked Lemony Snickett, this will probably resonate.

Anyway, while I thoroughly enjoyed my day out on the town, my piles of stuff continue to accumulate. I don't understand how it happens so quickly, but it does. Should I keep on top of it now? I'm thinking that I might not, and what I'll probably do is sort it all out into boxes and/or donation piles if/when we get ready to move. Oi. Whelming.

1 comment:

The San Diego Family said...

I dare you to post a picture of the clutter. :) Our clutter accumulates the nights that I am working too....must be the clutter fairy doing her best job to sprinkle clutter all around the world. Just wait until the kids come, clutter just seems to come quicker! We often go to the Goodwill at least 3-4x a year. I'm sure they love us!