Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thoughts on the New Year

Well, dear blog readers, let me just say that I can't believe it's already well into the first week of January. Hardly seems possible! Christmas break went way too fast; Mom and Dad's visit went way too fast. No trips to the zoo or anything; lots of watching movies and eating occurred.

Now that it's the New Year, I think I'll avoid any new resolutions because I find those to be sometimes daunting or overwhelming. Instead, I thought I'd look at last year's accomplishments. (Or, at least, those I can think of. (Not all are necessarily great, but at least I'm ok with them being realistic.

Total pounds lost: 2
Total pounds gained (back again): 13
Cross-stitch completed: 1
Quilts completed: 2
Loans paid off: 1
New jobs acquired: 1 (and it's awesome!)
Trips taken: 3
New meals cooked and tried: 28. It doesn't seem like a lot, but with working full-time, I usually stick to my tried-and-true.
New cookbooks acquired: 5
Number of semesters that Mike completed: 7 out of 8!
Number of job interviews that Mike had: 1 (hopefully it will pan out!)
Number of new relatives: 1 (Nephew Blake: hooray!)
Number of coupons used: 6. I'm hoping to become more savvy at this skill. Does anyone know of any classes in San Diego that teach coupon skills?

All in all, a pretty good year. Now I just have to find time to change my blog page since the holidays are officially over.

1 comment:

April said...

It was a pretty good year! And its nice to list accomplishments (big or small) instead of failures. Way to go for a great year!