Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sick Days

Well, dear blog readers, the good news is that I'm almost recovered completely from the cold/sick tummy episodes that I had all week. I actually haven't been to work for more than a week, except for the two days of classes I had on Tuesday and Wednesday. Aside from that, I've been doing a whole lot of sleeping and reading and watching movies with my sweet hubby, who has been doing the dishes and running to the store for me when needed. What a guy! This has actually worked out for my betterment, since my blood sugars have not been well-behaved at all this week.

I was supposed to work this weekend, but with the cold that I had, I also got a giant cold sore. It turns out that I actually have to get cleared through occupational health to go back to work, and they pretty much laughed when they saw me Friday afternoon and told me to come back next week. I have the weekend off! Cha-ching! Of course, I would have rather spent my "vacation" feeling better and travelling to see family, but I can't complain about having the time off, either.

Does anyone else's Costco close at 6:00 at night on a Saturday? Sweet Hubby and I were thinking this is one of the lamest things EVER. Whoever heard of a chain (grocery) store closing that early on a weekend??

Anyway, that was an aside. During my downtime, I've been reading the William Monk mystery novels written by Anne Perry. For those of you who like Sherlock Holmes-type mysteries only kicked up a notch on the darker side, these books are for you. I have to admit that most of the time, I'm not going to figure out how the story will end until the very last chapter or two. Thanks to my mother-in-law for getting me hooked on those! I've also started utilizing our local library so that we don't have to buy more books. I forgot how much I like the library!

Anyway, dear blog readers, now you know why I haven't been posting much this week. And, for my "Not Me" segment, I'm going to say that the Christmas Tree is NOT still standing in my living room with the ironing board in front of it. The ironing board has NOT been sitting there for three weeks with quilting bits on it. (Ahem.)

Happy weekend, dear bloggers!

2 comments:

The San Diego Family said...

You know, I have never really known that Costco closes at 6pm on the weekends. I went online to check for myself, thinking maybe it was just based on location. Apparently not. Isn't the weekend when most people are out shopping? And, as a side note, my "not me" is that while our decorations from christmas are down, our barren tree still stands. oh well.

Michael Gregga said...

Yeah, when we went, they told us it was closed, and I gave the door greeters a dirty look. I didn't mean to, I just couldn't help it. And then we looked at the parking lot and saw all kinds of people walking toward the door to go shopping, like at any other time. Apparently, no one knows about them being closed that ridiculously early, and they're obviously losing business! Stupid.