Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thwarted Again

Hello, dear blog readers! Well, we tried to see Avatar yesterday afternoon. We figured that a Monday a few weeks after the opening would be a great time to see a matinee. (Cheaper, too!) Alas, we were wrong: there was a pretty lengthy line in front of us yesterday when we went to see the movie. We decided instead to wait until today, but stomach upset has more or less kept me on the couch for most of the day. (For what it's worth, I DO plan on showering soon and at least doing a  load of dishes and laundry!) I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday. At least with day shift, the one-day-on, one-day-off shift schedule isn't a bad thing.

So, since we didn't go to the movie yesterday, we stopped by a thrift store that is a few blocks away from our apartment. Sometimes ignorance is bliss: someone donated a bunch of beautiful old antique furniture. I easily could have spent my entire paycheck in that store. Alas, I had to leave everything there since we are all out of room in our current residence. I keep telling myself that we will not always live in a tiny one-bedroom apartment, and that good deals and steals will always be out there somewhere. Hooray for thrift shopping!

No comments: