Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's the Little Things

Hello, dear blog readers! Sometimes the little things make for a great day.

For example, I received one of my boxes of fabric today. Not only was the fabric colorful and fun, but the packaging was also fun! The logo was fun. The font style was fun. The invoice was pretty; it almost made me not mind seeing the bill just because the stationery was so awesome!


Also, it was my hubby's birthday, and for once in a rare great while, I managed to surprise him with a gift! We went out for sushi (something I forewent for months while pregnant), and then to Borders for a cup of coffee and some perusing of reading material. I managed to make it through the check-out line not once, and no, not twice, but THREE times before we finally left the store. I found a really neat calender of ancient Chinese paintings for 2011 (after much debate as to which calendar to buy), a new day planner, and a book for Mike out of one of his favorite series. It was a book of "shorts" he didn't know existed yet. SCORE!

Last but not least, here are a few of the "little things" that have been making my day almost every day this week. 1) The baby has started making clicking sounds and smiling a lot after feedings. 2) He's started grabbing at whatever cloth is nearby, and consequently, 3) loves playing peek-a-boo with the parents. The smiles are more difficult to capture since the camera distracts him from playing.

He may have a lot of "momminess" in his looks, but I'm convinced those are his daddy's lips!


1 comment:

The San Diego Family said...

What a cutie!! what are you going to make with the new fabric??