Hello, dear blog readers! Not much to report today other than small everyday facts.
Baby weight: 10 lbs. 12 oz. More than doubled his birth weight! The lactation specialist said today that he's one of the wiggliest babies she's ever seen in the office (reminiscent of the neonatologist in Eugene who said the same thing), and she thinks we will soon have our hands full with this very busy little guy. I tried getting some pictures of him smiling this morning, but every time I get out the camera, he ceases to smile in order to admire and swat at the new object in front of him.
I love fabric and craft shops. That said, when I was looking for a particular line of fabric last week and couldn't find any locally, I did lots of perusing around online. Suffice it to say, I'm hooked. Here are a few fabric "artists" whose lines I generally enjoy.
http://piecesfrommyheart-sgervais.blogspot.com/ is the blog from Sandy Gervais. She also has a website http://www.piecesfrommyheart.net/ where you can view her line "Lollipop" by Moda Fabrics (the fabric manufacturers). I LOVE the Lollipop line because of all of the cute little monkeys and bright fun kiddie fabrics.
Another fabric artist site is http://www.sweetwater.typepad.com/. Sometimes I find their fabrics to be hit-or-miss, but in general I like the ideas! They work well in quilts. I managed to find some very hard-to-find fabric from their line and it makes me happy! Should arrive here on Wednesday. Here is a link to their latest fabric line that I think is kinda neat. http://www.sweetwaterscrapbook.com/fabric.html
The other night we watched the movie "Doubt" with Meryl Streep. It's a little slow-paced, but well-produced in all of the non-verbal cues, slanted screens here and there, color, etc. You come away convinced that the priest is guilty, although you never have proof. You're left with, well....Doubt. Anyway, I was just thinking about the name Alluicious. (Aluicious?) Where did that name originate from, I wonder? Not something you readily hear these days.
Highlight of the day: Mike got the groceries! He's been supremely great at this lately. He also picked up one of my favorite Daelman's caramel bites (a Dutch treat!) from Trader Joe's.
Anyway, dear blog readers, last but not least, here is the exciting news! I was reading in "Healthy Sleep, Happy Child" about how if you have a baby doesn't sleep well, you can try putting him to bed at (say) about 5:30. Well, between the bath and feeding, I didn't get our little guy down until about 6:00, but he is SLEEPING! And no fuss when we put him down! I like the Babywise book in theory, but with our little preemie fella, the routine just wasn't working and what we had was a constantly fussy, overly-tired baby. I guess I like the sleep habits book because, as a nurse, the author goes into the physiology of infant sleep and explains how and why their sleep patterns behave the way they do.
Here's hoping he'll stay asleep for a while!
Good night, dear blog readers! Time to go back to bed for a couple more hours, and then on for more fun in labor and delivery!
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm going to have to look at those websites, I think I'll get the sewing machine out at some point and start up something.
Post a Comment