Monday, November 15, 2010

Paid to Sort?

Hello, dear blog readers! Well, last night was pretty uneventful. So uneventful, in fact, we had NO patients in labor, and only two post-partum patients. That meant I was assigned to clean out the nursery and NICU.

Feeding tubes? If you've been looking for those, well, we just found them....Expired two years ago and stuffed in the umbilical catheter supplies.

Looking for IV start kits? They're no longer in the IV cart; try various bins on the counter.

And the crash cart. If you're hoping to crash, just make sure to check with your nurse to make sure the supplies aren't expired! I had to get rid of a lot of things, but the nursery is now very organized and up to speed. Too bad I can't get paid to clean my house and find things in random places. It would be a lot more fun and rewarding if that were the case!

Happy Monday, dear blog readers, and especially to those of you who are a lot more organized than I!

P.S. Have any of you had a hand injury--namely joint jamming and/or dislocated fingers--and if so, what could/did you do about it?

No comments: