If you've read the previous postings, you have probably guessed by now: it was the night of the Butchery of Sweet Meat and Company.
Having fed and rocked the baby to sleep, I began this process at about 11:30 at night. I was tired of the pumpkins evilly staring up at me from the floor, and me staring sappily back at them. Here is how the process went down.
Here are Meat on the left and Carver on the right.
It took me quite a while just to get the top off of Meat. Note the blade sticking out; I totally felt like something out of Hitchcock.
Seriously. It took me almost 45 minutes just to get this far.
Here is my progress after an hour and a half. Carver hadn't been touched at this point yet.
Parenthetically, this cedar-smelling gel candle lent an awesome scent to the kitchen as I was going about my butchery! Anyone looking to invest in the local Oregon economy should definitely get one of these.
The difference between Carver's seeds on the left and Meat's seeds on the right. They're...Well, "meaty."
The post-bake phase.
The puree phase. Since it was about 3:00 am and they neighbor's bedroom is right above the kitchen, I didn't think it would be nice to bust out the food processor. It would, however, have been a huge time saver and less frustrating than a manual food mill.
So, dear blog readers, to make a long story short: after nearly six hours of butchering pumpkins, I win! Meat and Carver are no more. Here is a link to the song I had running in my head after I put everything away in the refrigerator and freezer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKxQ3sy_UI
On that note, time to go clean up the kitchen. I don't think management would be too upset if I run the garbage disposal at 6:00 am. Or, at least, I hope not. Happy day to you, dear blog readers!



1 comment:
with that song...too funny...I got you now!!!
Post a Comment